SOS Children’s Villages Gulf Area Office is a branch office of
SOS Children’s Villages International
MBC Al Amal and SOS Children’s Villages join hands to host charity Suhoor
- Dubai, UAE (May 28, 2018): In the spirit of the Holy Month of Ramadan, SOS Children’s Villages International, Gulf Area Office in partnership with MBC Al Amal, the corporate social responsibility arm of the largest and leading private multimedia company in the Middle East and North Africa “MBC Group”, will host a charity Suhoor on Monday 28th of May, 2018 sponsored by the Sofitel Dubai Downtown Hotel.
Al Tamimi & Company supports the launch of an SOS Children’s Villages emergency relief programme in Iraq
- SOS Children’s Villages believes in the value of building long-term relationships with partners in the UAE to help support its programmes in the MENA region and around the world. The partnership with Al Tamimi & Company, which provides resources to support the future of children in Iraq, is another example of how we can change children’s lives by working together.
1 in 10 children worldwide are growing up alone
- On November 20, Universal Children’s Day, SOS Children’s Villages, the world’s largest non-governmental organisation focused on supporting children without parental care and families at risk, stresses the importance of a loving family for children. Without the loving care of a parent or other adult caregiver, children are less likely to develop the skills they need to become contributing members of society, says the organisation.
Equipping vulnerable youth for the workplace: Global initiative YouthCan! launches in MENA
- Amman, Jordan (October 24, 2017): International social development organisation, SOS Children’s Villages, is introducing its global YouthCan! initiative to the MENA region. Launching today in Amman, in partnership with MBC Al Amal, the programme provides essential support for young people without parental care, to equip them with critical skills needed for the workplace.
Changing childhoods and futures
- Martin Chada recalls how his family’s life changed when his mother enrolled in SOS family strengthening eight years ago.
A long-term approach to helping traumatised children in northern Iraq
- Luciana D’Abramo is the SOS Children's Villages emergency advisor for the Middle East and North Africa region. She explains how the emergency relief programme is helping internally displaced people in Dohuk, a province in the self-governing Kurdistan region of Iraq.
An innovative approach to helping refugees and host communities in Lebanon
- Luciana D’Abramo is SOS Children’s Villages’ emergency advisor for the Middle East and North Africa region. In an interview, she explains how the emergency relief programme in Lebanon is helping both Syrian refugees and host communities.
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES INTERNATIONAL CALLS FOR A UNITED FRONT TO HELP CHILDREN IN CRISIS
- At the 14th annual DIHAD conference, international social development organisation caring for orphans and abandoned children, SOS Children’s Villages International, implored all organisations to work together as a united front to help children in crisis around the world.
A steady presence to help families in Syria and beyond
- Six years after the Syrian war began, this photo essay illustrates the humanitarian assistance we have provided for children and families, and how the Syrian war has affected SOS Children’s Villages.
UAE Embassy in Vienna supports SOS Children’s Village
- UAE Ambassador to Austria H.E. Hamad Alkaabi, visited the SOS children’s village in Hinterbuehl, Austria. After a guided tour of the village, he met with the chief of the Village and discussed UAE government interest and efforts in the humanitarian work.
SOS Children’s Villages to begin work in Iraq
- Emergency programme to focus on helping Yazidis and other communities in need
No Child Should Grow up Alone
- One in ten children, or 220 million children worldwide, are growing up without the loving care of a parent or the support they need as children
Children of SOS Children’s Village Damascus ‘overjoyed’ to return home
- More than 150 children who live at the SOS Children’s Village in Damascus are back at home nearly a month after they were evacuated as a precaution against intensified shelling.
Gulf Area Office: Helmut Kutin represented SOS Children’s Villages International in high level conference for women and girl empowerment
- The second conference of ‘Investing in the Future’ (IFFMENA), an event that aims to overturn negative cultural stereotypes that hinder women's progress in the Middle East, was held in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates from the 19th to 20th October under the theme of ‘Building the Resilience of Women and Girls in the Arab Region.’ SOS Children’s Villages was presented in the conference by highlighting the importance of the role of women and girls in the region.
More help for children and families in Aleppo
- As the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo, Syria, deepens, SOS Children’s Villages is stepping up its support for families and children.
Big Heart Foundation Helps Provide Loving Homes for Palestinian Children in Need
- Children in Palestine who are unable to experience a healthy family life because of adverse personal circumstances are being provided with loving homes by the Big Heart Foundation (TBHF).
Helping refugee children and families in the Middle East and North Africa
- Conflict and instability have forced millions to flee their homes in the Middle East. Together with partners, SOS Children’ Villages supports families with what they need to survive, to stay together and to recover from emergencies.
SOS Children’s Villages: Jordan’s orphans are keeping it in the family
- SOS Children’s Villages International offers an alternative to institutional orphanages. Basing operations in individual houses with a resident ‘mother’, many youngsters are now flourishing. A feature by Rym Ghazal, The National newspaper
Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation Hand Over a Cheque for AED741,000 to SOS Children’s Village Inte
- Dubai-UAE: XX June, 2016 – On behalf of Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation (AMAF), His Excellency Tayeb Abdul Rahman Al-Rais, Secretary General, AMAF today handed over a cheque for AED741,000 to the SOS Children's Village International for the maintenance of buildings of SOS Children’s Village in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
Injaz Al-Arab Joins Forces with SOS Children’s Villages International to Provide Under-Privileged Arab Youth With Empowering Employment Training
- Dubai, UAE, 23rd May, 2016: INJAZ Al-Arab, a member of JA Worldwide, and SOS Children’s Village, Gulf Area an NGO dedicated to caring for children without parental care and those at risk of losing it, have signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to provide under-privileged Arab youth with empowering employment training. Based on a successful pilot program in Lebanon, INJAZ Al-Arab will begin implementing workforce readiness programming at SOS Children’s Villages throughout the MENA region.
Children Speaking for Children. The Voice Kids Finalists as SOS Children’s Villages Goodwill Ambassadors
- The chairperson of SOS Children’s Villages Lebanon announced that the Voice Kids six finalists have been appointed as Goodwill Ambassadors for SOS Children’s Villages, during their concert in Lebanon on April 26th.
SOS Children’s Villages presents in DIHAD 2016 with a focus on its global emergency responses
- SOS Children’s Villages International is participating in the 13th Dubai International Humanitarian Aid & Development Conference & Exhibition – DIHAD – 2016 held in Dubai World Trade centre, March 21st- 23rd.
SOS Children’s Villages school one of the winners of Zayed Future Energy Prize
- SOS Children’s Villages International is proud to receive the Zayed Future Energy Prize, African Global High Schools award given yesterday to SOS HG Sheikh Secondary School in Somaliland.
SOS Children’s Villages International, Gulf Area signs partnership with Dubai Foundation for Women and Children
- SOS Children’s Villages International, Gulf Area Office and the Dubai Foundation for Women and Children (DFWAC) share a common mission of providing protection and support services to women and children in need, in accordance with international human rights obligations. In order to maximize each other’s efforts, the two well established NGOs have now agreed to enter into a strategic partnership.
Abandoned and Unaccompanied Syrian Refugee Children are in Urgent Need of Help
- The war in Syria led to a humanitarian catastrophe and the largest wave of migration since the WWII. The most vulnerable of the refugees are abandoned and unaccompanied children. It is estimated that nearly 1 million children were misplaced since the beginning of the crisis in 2011.
Hope and hospitality for Syrian refugee children
- SOS Children’s Villages runs centre in Lebanon to let children be children, providing care and counselling
SOS Children’s Villages Germany increasing capacity for refugees
- With decades of experience supporting vulnerable families and children without parental care, including many asylum seekers, SOS Children's Villages Germany is gearing up to provide homes and help for more refugees.
SOS Children’s Villages Commits to Support the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development
- On 25 September 2015, world leaders adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change by 2030. Supporting all outlined SDGs, SOS Children's Villages focuses on «SDGs for Children» - the six which directly affect children's welfare and opportunities in future.
SOS Children’s Villages Gulf praises Mohammed bin Rashid Initiatives
"He becomes quiet and thoughtful when there is talk about Syria."
- Rescued from the streets of Beirut, a Syrian boy can now enjoy safety and school.
Emirates NBD Turns Advertising Billboards into School Bags for SOS Children
- As a part of its “Passion for giving” and “Green with pride” programmes, Emirates NBD introduced a new initiative to upcycle PVC advertising billboards into functional school bags for underprivileged children. The first recipient, SOS Children’s Villages Lebanon, received over a 1,000 one-of-a-kind colorful satchels distributed to children right in time for the new school year.
Europe's refugee crisis: From Aleppo to Macedonia
- More than 300,000 people have made the perilous journey across the Mediterranean to Europe this year. The vast majority of them are fleeing the war in Syria. Last weekend alone around 10,000 refugees and migrants crossed the Greek border and entered Macedonia. As this week's news has highlighted, many of the worst affected are children.
UAE- Over 30000 attend humanitarian day celebrations
- SOS Children’s Villages Gulf Area Office marks the day and participates in IHC activities in Dubai Mall.
SOS Children’s Villages International - August 13th: Celebrating International Youth Day
- International Youth Day has been celebrated since 1999. This year the theme is “Youth Civic Engagement”. Children and young people have the right to participate in decision-making processes that affect their lives. This is not just a nice thing to say. It is supported by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
First of its Kind Children’s Village Opens its Doors in Dubai Providing Home for up to 100 Children
- Collaboration between SOS Children’s Villages and the Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation (AMAF) helped to build a new home for abandoned and vulnerable children. The first of its kind children's village opened its doors in Dubai in July 2015 and was inaugurated by HH Sheikh Rashid al Maktoum. Common effort of the UAE government, local businesses and residents of Dubai made it possible to raise 150 million dirhams of funds to build a new home for children who need it the most.
ERC, SOS Children's Villages International discuss enhancing partnership
- The Emirates Red Crescent (ERC) discussed with the SOS Children's Village International ways to enhance cooperation and humanitarian partnership, join forces in exploring more avenues of care and ensure protection of children in a number of regions and areas.
Nicole Nassar, Gulf Area Office Managing Director, comments on the Nepal earthquake efforts on CNN
- SOS Children's Villages Gulf Area Office Managing Director Nicole Nassar explains how Nepal's damaged thoroughfares are impeding aid operations to reach earthquake victims in the country.
Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation Signs MoU with SOS Children's Villages International
- Dubai-UAE: 26 November, 2014 - Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation (AMAF), today signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with SOS Children's Villages International - Gulf Area Office outlining means of cooperation between the two sides on AMAF’s Family Village project that is a set to house more than 100 orphans in Dubai when it opens doors in 2015.
Thuraya partners with SOS Children’s Villages to connect remote communities in the Central African Republic
- Thuraya Telecommunications Company, a leading Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) operator today announced its partnership with SOS Children’s Villages International’s Gulf Area Office to bring satellite connectivity to remote communities in the Central African Republic (CAR). The collaboration facilitates communication between SOS Children’s Villages in the CAR, helping the charitable organization connect its programs as well as coordinate emergency preparedness and response teams within the remote communities they work in.
Unesco-Hamdan bin Rashid prize winners honoured
- SOS Villages d’enfants (Madagascar) fwins for its Teacher Training Programme, which has provided training, through non-formal classes, specifically targeting primary and secondary school teachers since 2011; and
SOS Children’s Villages International opens Gulf Area Office in Dubai
- The federation of SOS Children’s Villages has expanded its operations to the Gulf region, with the aim of raising support within the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman for SOS Children’s Villages’ work in the region and worldwide.
SOS Jordan completes its 30th year
- As SOS Jordan is completing its 30th year, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to our new website.
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah treats SOS Village-Aqaba children to fun filled day in Amman on August 25, 2013
Press & Media
/* pageName= Regional News pagePrefix= breadCrumb=News / Regional News mainDomain=soschildrensvilages.ae langIdentifier=AE,en */